2 replies to this topic

#1 staff

staff

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

No Chevrolet Sonic SS Coming; Sporty Sonic Coming in 2013

Chevrolet Sonic Forum - According to an article in Wards, the Chevrolet Sonic's lead development engineer, John Buttermore said that while a Chevrolet Sonic SS is not currently in the cards at Chevrolet, sporty versions of the Chevy Sonic are coming for 2013. :happy feet:

While the 1.4L turbo-charged Sonic is the prime choice for performance oriented drivers, in order to make an SS model, Buttermore said that the engine "It would take a lot more air going through that engine for an SS, and there is no SS in the works"

On another positive, the Chevrolet Sonic will get a 6-speed automatic as an option toward late 2012. That option was originally scheduled for 2013.
Chevrolet Sonic Forum Team
Michigan, U.S.A.
The home state of GM

#2 Gizmo

Gizmo

New Sonic Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Ride:Malibu

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

I'm not too depressed about their NOT being a Sonic SS. In the past, and recent one, Chevrolet has whored out the SS moniker from shit-boxes to trucks! I hope Chevrolet gets it - don't use the coveted SS name if the car cannot live up to it.

#3 mightydog

mightydog

New Sonic Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

I think that they should introduce the sport car at the same time. This way I could get the sport in November.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users